Friday, June 11, 2010

OMG - I ate three shrimp!

... was what I thought on my drive home today. It took me an hour to recall that the three shrimp I had eaten at our end-of-year department food fest had violated my no meat policy. Oops! So, should I berate myself for falling off the no-meat wagon so soon? It's only been 2 1/2 days for crying out loud! But instead, I decided that it was a lesson that I should be more vigilant in general about what I eat. Too often, I think, it is habit to eat because it's there without really thinking about what I am eating. If I was really conscious of what I was doing, I am SURE I would have come to the realization that shrimp are meat and put them down. Instead, it took an hour to make the connection... dumb, dumb, dumb.

So, I decided that is a small check mark in the negative column. I did, however, get back into my running shoes today and tackle a nice 4-miler. This is a big check in the plus column, so overall my day is still a success. Lesson for the day? Pay attention to what you're eating! And, not to let a small slip derail the whole train.

2 comments: